Monday 11 October 2010

Monday 11th October

Hey everyone!

I was hopelessly trying to hold off winter today by dressing all summery and fairyish. Today I was wearing a dahlia dress, a white jacket from ebay and these amazing flower headdresses I got at the weekend. Sadly I had nothing handmade today :( it made me sad, I need to find more time.

I hope you all had a lovely weekend; mine was pretty darn cool because I went to the knit and stitch show at Alexandra Palace. It was so so so fun and I've found a load of amazing new fabric shops and suppliers. Yay. I've posted the favourites of the things I bought. Enjoy!.


Here is the first of my fabrics from a supplier called .... They were really really amazing and they were one of the only fabric suppliers I have ever found that sell Kokka fabrics in sizes larger than fat quarters. So beautiful! This is a print featuring racing driver mice!!! BRILLIANT
Such a cute little print! I've been looking for one like this for a while, but I have never seen one with the German quotations. I think it is just so pretty and I can't wait to use it. I think I will use it to line a mini cape!

I just adore this fabric, it may be my favourite! I don't quite know what to do with it because I could only buy a metre, but I would lovelovelove to make a jacket.
I think this fabric is totally pointless but also pretty adorable. I don't really get why these children are in space, but they will sure make a lovely skirt!

I've wanted an Alice fabric for a long long time because I just adore the story, but most patterns are either cartoony or don't do the story justice. I love it that this pattern uses the original illustrations which gives it a lot of integrity. Having said that, it is also reaaallly pretty.
This is sooooo my favourite!! I love it so so much, I'm getting a bit day of the dead crazy at the moment and so I think this fabric is just perfet. I features glitter as well!!!!
This is a fabric I bought to go with the one above. I love the skull print far too much so my plan is to dilute it as much as possible and try and put it with everything!

Lastly! This is my new squirrel, I think his name is marshmallow but I am open to exciting name suggestions. My brother, Jems and practically-sis-in-law Zanny brought him back as present when they came home to stay. I love him to bits. He's rather big and is made by the amazing Stephen Simons who is based in Nottingham. This is his amazing website. Enjoy! http://www.stee-3po.co.uk/  
 That's all folks!
Ally xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment